Meaty Marinara Spaghetti with Mushroom and Black OlivesEolo Inc @ 2022-04-11 16:29:57 +0800
Make your dinner extra special with an easy to cook pasta dish!
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 500g ground beef
- 3-4 tbsp Cirio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Molinera Whole Peeled Tomatoes 800g, undrained
- 1 jar of Molinera Passata Tomato Puree 680g
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 tsp sugar, to taste
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 jar of Molinera Black Pitted Olives 330g (drained weight 163g), sliced to circles
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms, about 200g drained weight
- 1 pack of 500g Barilla Spaghetti
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- parsley (optional)
1. In a large, deep skillet cook onion, garlic and ground beef in extra virgin olive oil until meat is brown. Drain most of the fat.
2. Stir the whole peeled tomatoes, tomato puree, water, herbs, sugar, salt, and black pepper in same skillet, mixing the beef into the tomatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer covered, for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Remove the lid, add olives and mushrooms; mixing into the sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes more or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
4, Cook pasta according to package directions.
5. Serve sauce over the hot cooked pasta. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.